A Method for the Enhancement of the Detection Power and Energy Savings against False Data Injection Attacks in Wireless Sensor Networks
Malicious attackers spread various attacks to destroy the system of the sensor network. False report injection attacks occur on the application layer and drain the energy resources of each node. Statistical en-route filtering (SEF) is proposed to detect and drop false reports in intermediate nodes during the forwarding process. In this work, we propose a security method to improve the detection power and energy savings using four types of keys. The performance of the proposed method was evaluated and compared to that of SEF against the attack. Our experimental results reveal that our method improves detection power and energy savings by up to 25% and 9%, respectively.
KeywordsSensor Network Sensor Node Wireless Sensor Network Intermediate Node Detection Power
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Przydatek, B.D., Song, A.P.: SIA: Secure Information Aggregation in Sensor Networks. In: Proc. of CCNC, vol. 23, pp. 63–98 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhu, S., Setia, S., Jajodia, S.: LEAP: Efficient Security Mechanisms for Large-scale Distributed Sensor Networks. In: Proceedings of the 10th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, pp. 62–72. ACM (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Crossbow technology Inc., http://www.xbow.com
- 8.Intanagonwiwat, C., Govindan, R., Estrin, D.: Directed Diffusion: A Scalable and Robust Communication Paradigm for Sensor Networks. In: MOBICOM, pp. 56–67. ACM (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Ye, F., Chen, A., Lu, S., Zhang, L.: A Scalable Solution to Minimum Cost Forwarding in Large Sensor Networks. In: Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks, pp. 304–309 (2001)Google Scholar