Detecting Insulators in the Image of Overhead Transmission Lines
Detecting and localizing the insulators automatically are very important to intelligent inspection, which are the prerequisites for fault diagnose. A novel method for insulators detection in the image of overhead transmission lines based on lattice detection is presented in this paper. Firstly, low-level visual features of images are analyzed, feature points are generated and grouped by their appearance similarities through mean shift clustering; then a insulator lattice model consistent with the geometric relationship between candidate point clusters is proposed by voting mechanism; subsequently, performing lattice finding using an MRF model, combined with the spatial context information to localize multiple insulators jointly; Finally, extracting the minimum bounding rectangle of the target image. Since the location of each insulator is constrained by its neighbors, each of them provides knowledge about the others, the MRF model is a natural choice for inferring insulators locations while enforcing spatial lattice constraints and image likelihood constraints. The experimental results indicate that the method can effectively detect the deformed insulators of different kinds under complex background.
Keywordsinsulator detection overhead transmission lines deformed lattice detection texture features MRF intelligent inspection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.He, H., Yao, J., Jiang, Z., Wang, X., Li, W.: Infrared Thermal Image Detecting of High Voltage Insulator Contamination Grades Based on Support Vector Machine. Automation of Electric Power Systems 29(24), 70–74 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Li, Z., Yao, J., Yang, Y.: Stationary Wavelet-domain Local Adaptive Denoising Method for Insulator Infrared Thermal Image. High Voltage Engineering 35(4), 833–837 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Lin, J., Han, J., Chen, F.: Defects Detection of Glass Insulator Based on Color Image. Power System Technology 35(1), 127–133 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Huang, X., Zhang, Z.: A Method to Extract Insulator Image from Aerial Image of Helicopter Patrol. Power System Technology 34(1), 194–197 (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Park, M., Liu, Y., Collins, R.T.: Efficient Mean Shift Belief Propagation for Vision Tracking. In: Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Anchorage, Alaska (2008)Google Scholar