A Scatter Search Methodology for the Aircraft Conflict Resolution Problem
Accurate conflict resolution is important to improve traffic capacity and safety. In this paper, it shows how the evolutionary approach called scatter search(SS) can be used to solve the problem of aircraft conflict under the free flight conditions. The mathematic model of the conflict resolution problem is based on the path optimization problem. In order to justify the choice of SS, the paper describes the improvements that were used for solving the conflict resolution problem after a brief description of SS algorithm. A large number of simulation results show that: comparing with genetic algorithm, SS can reduce the running time about 15s to get the equivalent effect. In the same time, the total cost is reduced and the fairness between the airlines is taken into account.
Keywordsconflict resolution free flight scatter search air traffic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Kuchar, J.K., Yang, L.C.: Survey of Conflict Detection and Resolution Modeling Methods. In: AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference, New Orleans, LA, August 11-13 (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Schulz, R., Shaner, D., Zhao, Y.: Free Flight Concept. In: AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference, New Orleans, LA, August 11-13 (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Bilimoria, K.D.: A Geometric Optimization Approach to Aircraft Conflict Resolution. In: AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference, Denver, CO, August 14-17 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Resmerita, S., Heymann, M.: Conflict Resolution in Multi-Agent Systems. In: 42nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Hyatt Regency Maui, December 9-12 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Durand, N., Alliot, J.M., Noailles, J.: Automatic Aircraft Conflict Resolution Using Genetic Algorithms. In: Proceedings of the 1996 ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, pp. 289–298. ACM Press, New York (1998)Google Scholar