A Novel Hybrid Evolutionary Algorithm for Solving Multi-Objective Optimization Problems
This paper proposed a novel hybrid evolutionary algorithm for solving the multi-objective optimization problems (MOPs). The algorithm uses the idea of simulated annealing to combine co-evolution with genetic evolution, set several model sets according to the principle of “model student”, and employs ε-dominant and crowding distance sorting to search the excellent population. In the co-evolution model, cluster analysis is used to classify the model set, and the estimation of distribution algorithm (EDA) is used to establish the probabilistic model for each class. The individuals are generated by sampling through the probabilistic model; in genetic evolution model, populations evolve based on the model set. This algorithm takes full advantage of the global and local search abilities, and makes comparison with the classical algorithm NSGA-II, the experimental results show that our algorithm for solving the multi-objective problem has better convergence and distribution.
KeywordsMOEAs Co-evolution EDA Model Student
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Horn, J., Nafpliotis, N., Goldberg, D.E.: A Niched Pareto Genetic Algorithm for Multi-objective Optimization. In: Michalewicz, Z. (ed.) Proc. lst IEEE Conf. on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 82–87. IEEE Service Center, Piscataway (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Zitzler, E., Laumanns, M., Thiele, L.: SPEA2: Improving the Strength Pareto Evolutionary Algorithm. Technical Report 103, Computer Engineering and Networks Laboratory (TIK), Zurich, Switzerland, ETH Zurich, pp. 1–21 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Geng, H., Zhang, M., Huang, L., Wang, X.: Infeasible Elitists and Stochastic Ranking Selection in Constrained Evolutionary Multi-objective Optimization. In: Wang, T.-D., Li, X., Chen, S.-H., Wang, X., Abbass, H.A., Iba, H., Chen, G.-L., Yao, X. (eds.) SEAL 2006. LNCS, vol. 4247, pp. 336–344. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Geng, H.T., Song, Q.X., Wu, T.T., Liu, J.F.: A Multi-objective Constrained Optimization Algorithm Based on Infeasible Individual Stochastic Binary-Modification. In: Proceedings of 2009 IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Intelligent Systems, pp. 89–93. IEEE, Shanghai (2009)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Deb, K., Thiele, L., Laumanns, M., et al.: Scalable Multi-objective Optimization Test Problems. In: Proceedings of the Congress on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 1, pp. 825–830. IEEE Service Center, Piscataway (2002)Google Scholar
- 13.Coello, C.A.C.: A Comprehensive Survey of Evolutionary-based Multi-objective Optimization Techniques. Knowledge and Information Systems 1(3), 269–308 (1999)Google Scholar
- 14.Schott, J.R.: Fault Tolerant Design Using Single and Multicriteria Genetic Algorithm Optimization. Master’s thesis, Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA (1995)Google Scholar