User Identification and Object Recognition in Clutter Scenes Based on RGB-Depth Analysis
We propose an automatic system for user identification and object recognition based on multi-modal RGB-Depth data analysis. We model a RGBD environment learning a pixel-based background Gaussian distribution. Then, user and object candidate regions are detected and recognized online using robust statistical approaches over RGBD descriptions. Finally, the system saves the historic of user-object assignments, being specially useful for surveillance scenarios. The system has been evaluated on a novel data set containing different indoor/outdoor scenarios, objects, and users, showing accurate recognition and better performance than standard state-of-the-art approaches.
KeywordsMulti-modal RGB-Depth data analysis User identification Object Recognition Visual features Statistical learning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lipton, A.J., Fujiyoshi, H.: Moving target classification and tracking from real-time video. In: Proceedings of the Fourth IEEE Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision, WACV 1998, pp. 8–14 (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Brown, L.M., Senior, A.W., Li Tian, Y., Connell, J., Hampapur, A., Fe Shu, C., Merkl, H., Lu, M.: Performance evaluation of surveillance systems under varying conditions. In: Proceedings of IEEE PETS Workshop, pp. 1–8 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Shotton, J., Fitzgibbon, A., Cook, M., Sharp, T., Finocchio, M., Moore, R., Kipman, A., Blake, A.: Real-time human pose recognition in parts from single depth images (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Rusu, R.B.: Semantic 3D Object Maps for Everyday Manipulation in Human Living Environments. Articial Intelligence (KI - Kuenstliche Intelligenz) (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Lowe, D.G.: Local feature view clustering for 3d object recognition. In: IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 682–688 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Csurka, G., Dance, C.R., Fan, L., Willamowski, J., Bray, C.: Visual categorization with bags of keypoints. In: Workshop on Statistical Learning in Computer Vision, ECCV, pp. 1–22 (2004)Google Scholar