Development of a Socio-technical System for an Age-Appropriate Domestic Environment
Being part of the social community is for many people a crucial part of their life. Unfortunately, many of the elder generation are not able to participate due to physical condition and lack of will power. These people often suffer from loneliness and depression. In order to overcome these issues a system is being developed with its main goal to be a motivator for these people. Closely related to this is the term of primary prevention.
Within an AAL living room scenario an armchair with integrated sensors monitors several vital signs and offers the possibility to perform exercises which both are displayed on a TV screen. In addition, by using a tablet the user is able to communicate with medical experts as well as social group members, relatives and friends.
The acquisition of vital data in combination with elements of (virtual) social networks prevents isolation, motivates to be (more) active and supports healthy aging with a high joie de vivre.
KeywordsAAL vital signs monitoring social connectivity motivation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Denk, H., Pache, D.: Die Bonner Alterssportstudie. Sportwissenschaft 29, 324–342 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Moritz, E.F., Erdt, S., Schulz, T., Strehler, M., Struck, M.: Kampf dem Schweinehund. In: 4. Deutscher AAL-Kongress, Berlin (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Friedrich, M., Gittler, G., Halberstadt, Y., Cermak, T., Heiller, I.: Combined exercise and motivation program: Effect on the compliance and level of disability of patients with chronic low back pain: A randomized controlled trial. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 79(5), 475–487 (1998)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Stapleton, C.: Loneliness, depression and aging, Palm Beach Post, http://www.palmbeachpost.com
- 5.TK Gesundheitscoach - TK Health Coach, http://www.tk.de/tk/online-filiale/meine-services/tk-gesundheitscoach/38516
- 6.Moritz, E.F., Strehler, M.: Innovationspotenziale in der primären Prävention. In: Sport und Gesundheit in der Lebensspanne, pp. 48–52. Feldhaus, Hamburg (2008)Google Scholar