User-Centered Design for and with Elderly Users in V2me
Positive user experience is an essential precondition for making online technologies accessible for elderly users. The V2me team chose to develop along an iterative user-centered design process (UCD) in order to focus on the target group’s needs and limitations. Interviews with potential users and workshops with professionals were conducted and requirements were derived from the gathered knowledge on the target group. Further the V2me team designed an interaction and screen design, made these concepts experienceable in a first demonstrator and conducted a usability study with potential users.
Keywordsuser-centered design (UCD) AAL elderly users scenario-based design (SBD) user experience user acceptance online social networks
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Herwig, O.: Universal Design: Lösungen für einen barrierefreien Alltag. Birkhäuser, Berlin (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.SENIORWATCH Older people and information society technology. Factors facilitating or constraining uptake (2002), http://www.seniorwatch.de
- 4.Connected Care for Elderly Persons Suffering from Dementia (2011), http://www.cceproject.eu/
- 5.Förderung des Wissenstransfers für eine aktive Mitgestaltung des Pflegesektors durch Mikrosystemtechnik, WiMi-Care (2011), http://www.wimi-care.de/
- 6.Sears, A., Jacko, J.A.: The human-computer interaction handbook. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Rosson, B.M., Carroll, J.M.: Usability Engineering: Scenario-Based Development of Human-Computer Interaction. Morgan Kaufmann (1990)Google Scholar
- 9.Wroblewski, L.: Why design for mobile first? In: User Interface 15 Conference, Boston (MA), USA (2010)Google Scholar