Heart Sounds Classification with a Fuzzy Neural Network Method with Structure Learning
Heart sound analysis is a basic method for cardiac evaluation, which contains physiological and pathological information of various parts of the heart and interactions between them. This paper aims to design a system for analyzing heart sounds including automatic analysis and classification. With the features extracted by wavelet decomposition and Normalized Average Shannon Energy, a novel fuzzy neural network method with structure learning is proposed for the heart sound classification. Experiments with real data demonstrated that our approach can correctly classify all the tested heart sounds even for the ones with previous unseen heart diseases.
KeywordsHeart sounds Fuzzy neural network Structure learning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Quan, H., Wang, W.: Extraction of the First and the Second Heart Sounds Based on Multi-reisolution Analysis of Wavelet Transform. Beijing Biomedical Engineering, 64–66 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Haghighi-Mood, A., Torry, J.N.: A Sub-Band Energy Tracking Algorithm for Heart Sound Segmentation. Computers in Cardiology, 501–504 (1995)Google Scholar
- 5.Xu, X., Lin, Y., Yan, B.: Envelope Extraction of Heart Sound based on Hilbert-Huang Transform 21(2), 134–136 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhou, J., Yang, Y., He, W.: Heart sounds signal analysis and its featues extraction method research. China’s Biological Medical Engineering (6), 685–689 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Schmidt, S.E., Toft, E., Holst-Hansen, C., Graff, C., Struijk, J.J.: Segmentation of Heart Sound Recordings from an Electronic Stethoscope by a Duration Dependent Hidden-Markov Model. Computers in Cardiolog, 345–348 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Chen, M., Ye, D., Chen, J.: Segmentation of Heart Sound based on The Signal Envelope and Short-term Zero Rate. Beijing Biomedical Engineering 26(1), 48–51 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Liang, H., Lukkarinen, S., Hartimo, I.: Heart Sound Segrnentation Algorithm Based on Heart Sound Envelogram. Computers in Cardiolog., 105–108 (1997)Google Scholar
- 12.Song, A., Deng, Z.: A Novel ncRNA Gene Prediction Approach Based on Fuzzy Neural Networks with Structure LearningGoogle Scholar
- 13.Liang, H., Sakari, L., Iiro, H.: A Heart Sound Segmentation Algorithm Using Wavelet Decomposition and Reconstruction. In: 19th International Conference IEEE/EMBS, pp. 1630–1633. IEEE, Chicago (1997)Google Scholar
- 14.Xie, M., Guo, X., Yang, Y.: A Study of Quantification Method for Heart Murmur Grading. A Murmur Energy Ratio Method. Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering (2010)Google Scholar
- 17.Takagi, T., Sugeno, M.: Derivation of fuzzy control rules from human operator’s control actions. In: The IFAC Symposium on Fuzzy Information, Knowledge Representation and Decision Analysis, pp. 55–60 (1983)Google Scholar
- 18.Kosko, B.: Neural Networks and Fuzzy Systems: A Comprehensive Foundation to Machine Intelligence. Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River (1992)Google Scholar