The Application of Genetic Algorithm to Intrusion Detection in MP2P Network
With the rapid development of MP2P network, high network security is required. However, the existing intrusion detection scheme for network security does not perform well enough. Aiming at the characteristics of MP2P, this paper proposes an intrusion detection method based on the genetic algorithm, which selects the initial population from the known attack data, extracts data attack characteristics by reproducing, crossover, and mutating themselves, and thus changes from passive defense to active detection. Research results verify that, the application of genetic algorithm could enhance intrusion detection in terms of the dynamic monitoring of internal and external network attacks, and thus gains real-time protection for MP2P networks.
KeywordsMP2P genetic algorithm intrusion detection eigenvector network security
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Cheng, J.J., Li, Y.H., Cheng, S.D., et al.: The architecture on the mobile P2P system and the study for the key technology. Journal of Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications 29(4), 86–89 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Qing, H., Jiang, J., et al.: Research on intrusion detection techniques. Journal of China Institute of Communications 25(7), 19–29 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Cabrera, J.B.D., Gutierrez, C., Mehra, R.K.: Ensemble method for anomaly detection and distributed intrusion detection in mobile. Ad Hoc Networks 9(1), 96–119 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Tang, Z., et al.: The design and implementation of network intrusion detection, pp. 2–10. Electronic Industry Press (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Holland, J.H.: Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems: An Introductory Analysis with Applications to Biology, Control and Artificial Intelligence, pp. 20–35. MIT Press, Cambridge (1992)Google Scholar
- 8.Pillai, M.M., et al.: An approach to implement a network intrusion detection system using genetic algorithms. In: Proceedings of the Annual Research Conference of the South African Institute of Computer Scientists and Information Technologists (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.KDD Cup Data (2006), http://kdd.ics.uci.edu/