An Improved Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm Based on Gaussian Mutation and Chaos Disturbance
Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) algorithm is a novel bio-inspired swarm intelligence approach which is competitive with other population-based algorithms and has the advantage of using fewer control parameters. However, basic ABC is easy to be prematurely convergent and be trapped into local optimum. In the later iteration, algorithm has low convergent speed and population diversity seriously decreases. In this paper, Gaussian mutation and chaos disturbance are introduced into ABC to overcome the shortcomings above. Applications of improved ABC algorithm on four benchmark optimization functions show marked improvement in performance over the basic ABC.
KeywordsArtificial Bee Colony (ABC) algorithm Gaussian mutation Chaos disturbance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Karaboga, D.: An Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) Algorithm for Numeric Function Optimization. In: IEEE Swarm Intelligence Symposium, pp. 181–184. IEEE Press, Indiana (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Jiang, M., Yuan, D.: Artificial Fish Swarm Algorithm and Its Applications. Science Press, Beijing (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Sonmez, M.: Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm for Optimization of Truss Structures. Applied Soft Computing Journal 10, 195–197 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Hsieh, T.J., Hsiao, H.F.: Forecasting Stock Markets using Wavelet Transforms and Recurrent Neural Networks: an Integrated System Based on Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm. Applied Soft Computing Journal 10, 156–162 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Li, B., Zeng, J.: Self-adapting Search Space Chaos-artificial Bee Colony Algorithm. Application Research of Computers 27, 1331–1335 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Ding, H., Feng, Q.: Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm Based on Boltzmann Selection Policy. Computer Engineering and Applications 45, 53–55 (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Kang, F., Li, J., Xu, Q.: Structural Inverse Analysis by Hybrid Simplex Artificial Neural Networks. In: 15th IEEE Proc. Signal Processing and Communications Applications, pp. 1–4. IEEE Press, SIU (2007)Google Scholar
- 13.Xu, C.: Chaotic Artificial Bee Colony Approach to Uninhabited Combat Air Vehicle (UCAV) Path Planning. Aerospace Science and Technology 26, 156–162 (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Kang, F., Li, J., Li, H.: An Improved Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm. In: 2nd International Workshop on Intelligent Systems and Applications, pp. 15–21. IEEE Press, Wuhan (2010)Google Scholar
- 16.Wang, L., Zheng, D., Lin, Q.: Survey on Chaotic Optimization Methods. Comput. Technol. Automat. 20, 1–5 (2001)Google Scholar