A Web-Service for Automated Software Refactoring Using Artificial Bee Colony Optimization
Automated software refactoring is one of the hard combinatorial optimization problems of search-based software engineering domain. The idea is to enhance the quality of the existing software under the guidance of software quality metrics through applicable refactoring actions. In this study, we designed and implemented a web-service that uses discrete version of Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) optimization approach in order to enhance bytecode compiled Java programming language codes, automatically. The introduced service supports 20 different refactoring actions that realize intelligent ABC searches on design landscape defined by an adhoc quality model being an aggregation of 24 object-oriented software metrics.
KeywordsDiscrete Artificial Bee Colony Optimization Search-Based Software Engineering Software Quality Web-Services
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Karaboga, D.: An idea based on honey bee swarm for numerical optimization, Technical Report, TR-06, Erciyes University, Kayseri, Turkey (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Seng, O., Stammel, J., Burkhart, D.: Search-based determination of refactorings for improving the class structure of object-oriented systems. In: Proceedings of the 8th Annual Conference on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation, GECCO 2006, vol. 2, pp. 1909–1916. ACM Press, WA (2006)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.O’Keeffe, M., Cinneide, M.O.: Search based refactoring: an empirical study. Journal of Software Maintenance and Evolution: Research and Practice (2), 345–364 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Koc, E., Ersoy, N., Camlidere, Z.S., Andac, A., Cereci, I., Kilic, H.: An empirical study about search-based refactoring using alternative multiple and population-based search techniques. In: Computer and Information Sciences II - Proceedings of 26th International Symposium on Computer and Information Sciences, ISCIS 2011, London, UK, pp. 59–66. Springer (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.XML Basics. XML News, http://www.xmlnews.org/docs/xml-basics.html (last accessed on February 2012)
- 13.OW2 Consortium, ASM, http://asm.ow2.org/, (last accessed on February 2012)
- 15.SDMETRICS tool, http://www.sdmetrics.com/ (last accessed on February 2012)