Forecasting Mineral Commodity Prices with Multidimensional Grey Metabolism Markov Chain
The price with large random fluctuation in mineral market has made it very difficult to do an accurate forecast. To overcome this problem, a multidimensional grey metabolism Markov forecasting method is proposed based on the theories of Grey forecast and Stochastic process. The forecasting effect of the model is tested through a case study and analysis with MATLAB software. The research results indicate that the forecasting precision of the proposed method is high and not limited to forecasting step length. So the method can be used to do a long term forecasting for mineral commodity prices without considering economic crisis.
KeywordsMineral commodity Price forecasting Multidimensional grey Metabolism Markov chain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Jianhong, C., Xueyan, Y., Shan, Y., Lang, L.: Analysis and Forecast About Mineral Product Price Based on Time Series Model. Kunming. Univ. Sci. Technol. 34(6), 9–14 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Biao, Y., Zhouquan, L., Guang, L., Yiwei, Y.: Open pit mining limit dynamic optimization based on economic time series forecasting. China Coal Soc. 36(1), 29–33 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Chunmei, L.: Price Forecast For Gold Futures Based on GA-BP Neural Network. In: IEEE International Conference on Management and Service Science. IEEE Press, Wuhan (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Lian, Z., Dandi, M., Zongxin, L.: Gold Price Forecasting Based on Improved BP Neural Network. Compu. Simul. 27(9), 200–203 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Xiao, F., Jin, W.: Mineral Price Forecasting Based on Nonlinear Regression. Nonf. Metals Sci. Eng. 2(3), 72–75 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Shijiao, Y., Changzhen, W., Jianyong, D., Xiaoyu, H.: Comparative Analysis of Price Prediction of Molybdenum Products Based on ANFIS and BPNN. In: IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Industrial Application, pp. 126–129. IEEE Press, Wuhan (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.John, E.T.: Long-term trends in copper prices. Mining Eng. 54(7), 25–32 (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Julong, D.: Grey Forecasting and Decision. Huazhong University of Science & Technology Press, Wuhan (1986)Google Scholar
- 13.Zhaoben, F., Boqi, M.: Stochastic Process. Science Press, Beijing (2004)Google Scholar