Improved Particle Swarm Optimization with Wavelet-Based Mutation Operation
An improved wavelet-based mutation particle swarm optimization (IWMPSO) algorithm is proposed in this paper in order to overcome the classic PSO’s drawbacks such as the premature convergence and the low convergence speed. The IWMPSO introduces a wavelet-based mutation operator first and then the mutated particle replaces a selected particle with a small probability. The numerical experimental results on benchmark test functions show that the performance of the IWMPSO algorithm is superior to that of the other PSOs in references in terms of the convergence precision, convergence rate and stability. Moreover, a pattern synthesis of linear antennas array is implemented successfully using the algorithm. It further demonstrates the effectiveness of the IWMPSO algorithm.
Keywordsparticle swarm optimization wavelet mutation synthesis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kennedy, J., Eberhart, R.C.: Particle Swarm Optimization. In: IEEE Int. Conf. on Neural Networks, pp. 1942–1948. IEEE Press, Piscataway (1995)Google Scholar
- 2.Zeng, J.C., Jie, J., Cui, Z.H.: Particle swarm optimization. Science Press, Beijing (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Clerc, M.: Particle Swarm Optimization. ISTE Publishing Company (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Poli, R.: Analysis of the publications on the applications of particle swarm optimization. Journal of Artificial Evolution and Applications (4) (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Shi, Y., Eberhart, R.: Empirical study of particle swarm optimization. In: Proceedings of the 1999 Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 1945–1950 (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Ruch, D.K., Van Fleet, P.J.: Wavelet theory: an elementary approach with applications. Wiley-Interscience (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Xiao, L.S., Huang, H., Xia, J.G., et al.: Antennas Beam Pattern Synthesis Based on Neighborhood Particle Swarm Optimization. Communications Technology 42(9), 52–53+ 71 (2009)Google Scholar