High Definition Product Lifecycle Management an Immersive Decision Making Environment
This paper describes High-Definition PLM (HD-PLM), Siemens PLM Software’s vision for supporting companies make smarter decisions that result in better products. Working from the knowledge that companies in all industries are faced with increased complexity in both products and processes, HD-PLM vision builds on three core concepts: intelligently integrated information, a future-proof architecture, and a high-definition user experience. The High-Definition PLM vision enables decision makers throughout the product lifecycle to make better informed decisions more efficiently and with a higher level of confidence. This paper explains the network of technologies and capabilities to achieve a defined set of strategic objectives and the technology foundation of the core HD-PLM concept. The basics and environment are described and how HD-PLM supports a cross-domain decision making by uniting users with the people, tools and precise product-related information they need to intelligently evaluate decision alternatives.
KeywordsHD-PLM immersive decision making environment complexity product lifecycle management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Slansky, D.: Siemens PLM Realizes the Vision of End-to-End Design / Build Lifecycle, Arc View, MA, USA (July 29, 2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Lessning, M.: Technology HD3D, CADCAM Report no.7 2010. In: CE-NET: The Concurrent Enterprising Network of Excellence. Dressler, Heidelberg (2010), WWW page http://www.ce-net.org/index.html
- 3.White Paper, Make smarter decisions that results in better products with high definition PLM, Issued by: Siemens PLM Software. ©, Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc., X5 26286 11/11 C (2011), http://www.siemens.com/plm
- 4.Siemens Presentation: HD-PLM Vision: Issued by: Siemens PLM Software. © (2012). Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc., http://www.siemens.com/plm
- 5.White Paper, Role of PLM in the Software Lifecycle, Issued by: Siemens PLM Software. © 2010. Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc., X4 15825 12/10 C (2010), http://www.siemens.com/plm
- 6.Barkai, J.: IDC Manufacturing Insights Opinion, IN Manufacturing Insights: Product: Life-Cycle Strategies: Methods and Practices, MA, USA (June 2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Nucleus Research: Research Note – Siemens Commits to Expanding PLM Scope and Usability, Document M 109 Boston, USA (September 2012)Google Scholar