3DExperiences – Dassault Systèmes Strategy to Support New Processes in Product Development and Early Customer Involvement
In many industries the market sees a lot of change happening these days; new trends and challenges obviously need to be addressed as part of the product creation process.
Dassault Systèmes (3DS) is introducing a 3DEXPERIENCE PLATFORM to expand the usability of the digital smart product development in an accurate virtual universe beyond Product Lifecycle Management (PLM).
The target is to provide the ability to place the customer at the heart of a system, integrating both company business processes and product development processes. It is a combination of science, art and technology to bring value to our customers by helping them to respond to the needs of their customers and creating ‘magnetic’ products with strong market appeals.
3DExperiences can be a catalyst for innovation, enabling any enterprise stakeholder to participate in the innovation process, contributing to drive value for the end consumer and create smart products from design to recycling.
This presentation highlights some aspects of the new Dassault Systèmes strategy; shows some of the solution experiences and how customers respond to them. 3DS is a scientific company positioned among the top 10 software companies worldwide and for more than 30 years has been helping companies to transform the way they design and produce their products.
The conclusion is based on an explanation to leverage the virtual product with accuracy through the production of a Probabilistic Certificate of Correctness for complex cyber physical smart product definition.
KeywordsSmart Product Simulation Mechatronics Multi Physics 3DExperience SIMULIA Abaqus DMU Functional Mockup Interface FMI
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.3DS Corporate Strategy presentation - Bernard Charles, Monica Menghini (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.3DS 3DExperience Universe for Sustainable Innovation, http://www.3ds.com/company/about-dassault-systemes/our-vision/
- 3.3DS Transportation and Mobility Industry Referential presentation 2012 - Olivier Sappin, Guillaume Belloncle Google Scholar
- 4.3DS Transportation and Mobility 3DExperience Platform, http://www.3ds.com/solutions/transportation-mobility/overview/
- 5.Transportation and Mobility Smart, Safe and Connected Solution Experience, http://www.3ds.com/solutions/transportation-mobility/industry-experiences/smart-safe-and-connected/
- 6.CATIA Systems Engineering; Behavior modeling and Simulation, http://www.3ds.com/products/catia/solutions/catia-systems-engineering/
- 7.Proceedings of the ASME 2012 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, IDETC/CIE 2012 (2012)Google Scholar