Analysis of Impact of Lossy Audio Compression on the Robustness of Watermark Embedded in the DWT Domain for Non-blind Copyright Protection
A methodology of non-blind watermarking of the audio content is proposed. The outline of audio copyright problem and motivation for practical applications are discussed. The algorithmic theory pertaining watermarking techniques is briefly introduced. The system architecture together with employed workflows for embedding and extracting the watermarks are described. The implemented approach is described and obtained results are reported. The possible attacks on the embedded watermark are described and the procedure of simulating the attacks is explained. The research is focused on the influence of lossy compression on the embedded watermark degradation. The peak signal to noise ratio and bit error rate are analyzed and compared. Advantages and disadvantages of the proposed approach are discussed. Future work and some possible improvements to the introduced methodology are explained.
Keywordsnon-blind audio watermarking discrete wavelet transform
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Al-Haj, A.M.: Advanced Techniques in Multimedia Watermarking: Image, Video and Audio Applications, New York (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Al-Haj, A., Mohammad, A.: Digital Audio Watermarking Based on the Discrete Wavelets Transform and Singular Value Decomposition. European Journal of Scientific Research 39(1), 6–21 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Audacity Manual website, http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/Main_Page
- 6.Bloom, J.A., Cox, I.J., Fridrich, J., Kalker, T., Miller, M.L.: Digital Watermarking and Steganography, Boston (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Czyżewski, A., Kostek, B., Kupryjanow, A.: Automatic Sound Restoration System - Concepts and Design. In: International Conference on Signal Processing and Multimedia Applications, pp. 1–5 (July 2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Dutta, M.K., Gupta, P., Pathak, V.K.: Perceptible Audio Watermarking for Digital Rights Management Control. In: 7th International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing, vol. 1, pp. 55–59 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Furht, B., Kirovski, D.: Multimedia Encryption and Authentication Techniques and Applications, Florida (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Lalitha, N.V., Suresh, G., Sailaja, V.: Improved Audio Watermarking Using DWT-SVD. International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research 2(6), 1–7 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Lang, A., Dittmann, J., Spring, R., Vielhauer, C.: Audio Watermark Attacks: from single to profile attacks. In: Proceedings of the 7th Workshop on Multimedia and Security, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Maha, C., Maher, E., Chokri, B.A.: A blind audio watermarking scheme based on Neural Network and Psychoacoustic Model with Error correcting code in Wavelet Domain. In: 3rd Int. Symp. on Communications, Control and Signal Processing, pp. 1138–1143 (2008)Google Scholar
- 15.RFC 20: ASCII format for Network Interchange, ANSI X3.4 (October 1969)Google Scholar
- 16.Vongpraphip, S., Ketcham, M.: An Intelligence Audio Watermarking Based on DWT- SVD Using ATS. In: Global Congress on Intelligent Systems, GCIS 2009, pp. 150–154 (May 2009)Google Scholar