Competition among Telecommunication Providers
We analyze in this section game-theoretic models of competition between telecommunication networks providers in various contexts. This analysis helps to define and understand the operators’ pricing and technology investments as well as the most efficient market rules by a regulator.
KeywordsCompetition game theory pricing
- 1.Courcoubetis, C., Weber, R.: Pricing Communication Networks|Economics, Technology and Modeling. Wiley (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Greene, W.: Econometric Analysis. Prentice Hall, London (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Maillé, P., Naldi, M., Tuffin, B.: Competition for migrating customers: a game-theoretic analysis in a regulated regime. IEEE Globecom (December 2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Maillé, P., Naldi, M., Tuffin, B.: Price war with migrating customers. In: 17th Annual Meeting of the IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS 2009). IEEE Computer Society (September 2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Maillé, P., Tuffin, B.: Price war with partial spectrum sharing for competitive wireless service providers. IEEE Globecom (December 2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Maillé, P., Tuffin, B.: Sponsored search engines in competition: Advertisers behavior and engines optimal ranking strategies. In: 19th Annual Meeting of the IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS 2011). IEEE Computer Society (July 2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Maillé, P., Tuffin, B.: Competition among providers in loss networks. Annals of Operations Research (2011) (to appear)Google Scholar
- 11.Maillé, P., Tuffin, B., Vigne, J.: Economics of technological games among telecommunication service providers. IEEE Globecom (December 2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Marbach, P., Berry, R.: Downlink resource allocation and pricing for wireless networks. In: Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM (2002)Google Scholar
- 14.Osborne, M., Rubenstein, A.: A Course on Game Theory. MIT Press (1994)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter’s Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.