adVANTAGE: A Fair Pricing Model for Agile Software Development Contracting
Agile software development methods are harder to adopt by third-party software developers than by in-house software development teams, since traditional contractual frameworks can easily lead to unfair risk distributions between client and supplier when applied to agile projects. We therefore present a pricing model for agile software projects that distributes risks evenly between the partners, and encourages efficient, high-quality contributions on both sides.
KeywordsAgile processes third-party developers contracting pricing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Schwaber, K., Beedle, M.: Agile Software Development with Scrum. Prentice Hall (2002) Google Scholar
- 5.Van Cauwenberghe, P.: Succeeding with Agile Fixed Price Contracts. In: Aguanno, K. (ed.) Managing Agile Projects. Multi-Media Publications Inc. (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Sutherland, J.: Money for Nothing and Your Change for Free: Agile Contracts. Agile 2008 talk, http://www.slideshare.net/gerrykirk/money-for-nothing-agile-2008-presentation
- 7.Poppendieck, M., Poppendieck, T.: Lean Software Development: An Agile Toolkit. Add. Wesley (2003) Google Scholar
- 8.Larman, C., Vodde, B.: Practices for Scaling Lean & Agile Development: Large, Multisite, and Offshore Product Development with Large-Scale Scrum. Pearson Education (2010)Google Scholar