Fuzzy Hyperinference-Based Pattern Recognition
The paper presents a new approach to the problem of pattern recognition. First of all, here is emphasized that the problem itself is fuzzy enough. Later three following novelties of the approach are disclosed: 1) the rule-based fuzzy inference, concerning the measure of patterns’ similarity, is enriched by an idea of hyperinference; 2) a description of the main pattern recognition process is based on Takagi-Sugeno (T-S) reasoning procedure and 3) rule weights in T-S procedure are defined, solving special linear or piecewise linear programming problem (LPP or PWLPP), constructed according to the certain fuzzy experts’ information. The proposed approach was used successfully for recognition of healthy people and those who suffer from certain illness (for example, an atherosclerosis). The classification was performed according to person’s clinical posturograms (stabilograms). At the end of this paper experimental results are presented as well as acknowledgement to all anonymous participants of the experiments.
KeywordsFuzzy Rule Pattern Recognition Problem Rule Weight Reasoning Procedure Anonymous Participant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Kiendl, H., Knicker, R., Niewels, F.: Two-way fuzzy controllers based on hyperinference and inference filter. In: Proc. 2nd World Automation Congress, Intelligent Automation and Control, vol. 4, pp. 387–394. TSI Press, Montpellier (1996)Google Scholar
- 6.Krone, A., Schwane, U.: Generating fuzzy rules from contradictory data of different control strategies and control performances. In: Proc. 5th IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, New Orleans, pp. 492–497 (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Kosko, B.: Fuzzy Engineering. Prentice Hall (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Jasinevicius, R.: Parallel Space-Time Computing Structures, Mokslas, Vilnius (1988) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 9.Jasinevicius, R., Petrauskas, V.: Fuzzy expert maps: the new approach. In: Proc. IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation. IEEE Press, Piscataway (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Juodzbaliene, V., Muckus, K., Krisciukaitis, A.: Acta Kinesiologiae Universitatis Tartuensis 7, 89–93 (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Grabauskas, V.: Medicinos enciklopedija, vol. 1. Enciklopedij Leidykla, Vilnius (1991)Google Scholar