A Delay-Guaranteed Two-Level Polling Model
- 757 Downloads
We present a discrete time single-server two-level mixed service polling systems with two queue types, one center queue and N normal queues. The center queue will be successive served under the exhaustive scheme after each normal queue with a parallel 1-limited scheme. The proposed model is zero-switchover time when the buffers are not empty, and then conserve the cycle time. We propose an imbedded Markov chain framework to drive the closed-form expressions for the mean cycle time, mean queue length and mean waiting time. Numerical examples demonstrate that theoretical and simulation results are identical the new system efficiently differentiates priorities.
KeywordsPolling model parallel 1-limited service two-level mean waiting time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Takagi, H.: Queueing analysis of polling models: an update. In: Takagi, H. (ed.) Stochastic Analysis of Computer and Communication Systems, pp. 267–318. North-Holland, Amsterdam (1990)Google Scholar
- 4.Dongfeng, Z., Sumin, Z.: Message waiting time analysis for a polling system with gated service. Journal of China Institute of Communications 15(2), 18–23 (1994)Google Scholar
- 5.Dongfeng, Z., Sumin, Z.: Analysis of a polling model with exhaustive service. Acta Electronica Sinica 22(5), 102–107 (1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Dongfeng, Z.: Performance analysis of polling systems with limited service. Journal of Electronics 15, 43–49 (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Boon, M.A.A., et al.: A polling model with multiple priority levels. Performance Evaluation (2010), doi:10.1016/j.peva.2010.01.002Google Scholar
- 9.Qiang, L., Zhongzhao, Z., Naitong, Z.: Mean Cyclic Time of Queueing Priority Station Polling System. Journal of China Institute of Communications 20, 86–91 (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhijun, Y., Dongfeng, Z., Hongwei, D., et al.: Research on two class priority based polling system. Acta Electronica Sinica 37(7), 1452–1456 (2009) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 11.Zhuguan, L.: Research on discrete-time two-level polling system with exhaustive service. Ph.D. Thesis, Yunnan University (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Qianlin, L., Dongfeng, Z.: Analysis of two-level-polling system with mixed access policy. In: IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation, vol. 4, pp. 357–360 (2009)Google Scholar
- 13.Chunhua, L., Dongfeng, Z., Hongwei, D.: Study of parallel schedules for polling systems with limited service. Journal of Ynnan University 25(5), 401–404 (2003)Google Scholar