Study on Clustering Algorithms of Wireless Self-Organized Network
Clustering algorithm is one of key technologies for constructing hierarchical network structure and its quality directly affects performance of wireless self-organized network (WSON). In this paper study backgrounds of clustering algorithms in WSON are introduced firstly and then principles and objectives of clustering algorithms are expounded. Afterwards, existent clustering algorithms in WSON are categorized, compared and analyzed in detail, including clustering based on node ID, degree, mobility and weights, whether selecting cluster-heads, single-hop cluster or multi-hop cluster and geographical information based clustering algorithms, etc. Finally, conclusions are given.
KeywordsWireless Self-organized Network Clustering Algorithms QoS VBN MDS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zheng, S., Wang, H., Zhao, Z., et al.: Ad hoc network technology. Posts and Telecom Press (January 2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Wang, X.: Wireless sensor network measuring system. Machinery Industry Press, Beijing (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, H., Zheng, S.: The clustering algorithm in mobile Ad hoc network. Journal of PLA University of Science and Technology 5(3), 28–32 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Basagni, S.: Distributed Clustering for Ad Hoc Networks. In: International Symposiun on Parallel Architectures, Algorithms and Networks, Perth, pp. 310–315 (June 1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Ng, M.J.: Routing Protocol And Medium Access Protocol For Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. Phd Thesis, Polytechnic University (January 1999)Google Scholar
- 11.Amis, A.D., Prakash, R., Vuong, T.H.P., Huynh, D.T.: Max-Min D-Cluster Formation in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM 2000. Tel Aviv (March 2000)Google Scholar