Moments of Unconditional Logarithmically Concave Vectors
- 1.8k Downloads
We derive two-sided bounds for moments of linear combinations of coordinates of unconditional log-concave vectors. We also investigate how well moments of such combinations may be approximated by moments of Gaussian random variables.
KeywordsRandom Vector Convex Body Isotropic Vector Symmetric Convex Body Uniform Constant
Part of this work was done at the Newton institute for Mathematical Sciences in Cambridge (UK) during the program Discrete Analysis. Research partially supported by MNiSW Grant no. N N201 397437 and the Foundation for Polish Science.
- 1.F. Barthe, O. Guédon, S. Mendelson, A. Naor, A probabilistic approach to the geometry of the l p n-ball. Ann. Probab. 33, 480–513 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.S.G. Bobkov, F.L. Nazarov, in On Convex Bodies and Log-Concave Probability Measures with Unconditional Basis. Geometric Aspects of Functional Analysis. Lecture Notes in Math., vol. 1807 (Springer, Berlin, 2003), pp. 53–69Google Scholar
- 10.R. Latała, Gaussian approximation of moments of sums of independent symmetric random variables with logarithmically concave tails. IMS Collect. 5, 37–42 (2009)Google Scholar
- 16.F. Nazarov, M. Sodin, A. Volberg, The geometric KLS lemma, dimension-free estimates for the distribution of values of polynomials, and distribution of zeroes of random analytic functions (Russian). Algebra i Analiz 14, 214–234 (2002); Translation in St. Petersburg Math. J. 14, 351–366 (2003)Google Scholar
- 17.G. Paouris, in Ψ 2 -Estimates for Linear Functionals on Zonoids. Geometric Aspects of Functional Analysis. Lecture Notes in Math., vol. 1807 (Springer, Berlin, 2003), pp. 211–222Google Scholar