Cluster Based Data Aggregation in Vehicular Adhoc Network
Information aggregation is used to fuse interrelated data items collected from different nodes before redistributing them. Thus, using aggregation the number of transmissions and the communication overhead can be reduced significantly. Particularly for applications which require periodic dissemination of information into a large region, aggregation becomes prerequisite. Let us consider an example of self-organized infrastructure less traffic information system where each vehicle periodically disseminates its speed, position and information about road conditions. The aim is to design such data aggregation technique that not only use low bandwidth for data dissemination after aggregation process but also use low bandwidth for data collection from source nodes as well. As VANET environment has limited bandwidth this data aggregation becomes the need of hour for efficient data processing and dissemination without network overhead. In this work we have proposed a cluster based data aggregation technique where vehicles are divided into autonomous clusters headed by cluster-head. Data is send to cluster-head that perform the aggregation of data and dissimulate it into network.
KeywordsData Aggreigation in VANET VANET applicaitons VANET data dessiminaiton cluster based data aggregation Autonomus Clustering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wischhof, L., Ebner, A., Rohling, H., Lott, M., Halfmann, R.: SOTIS - a self-organizing traffic information system. In: Proc. VTC 2003-Spring Vehicular Technology Conference The 57th IEEE Semiannual, April 22–25, vol. 4, pp. 2442–2446 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Bae, K., Yoon, H.: Autonomous Clustering Scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks Using Coverage Estimation-Based Self-Pruning. Special Section on Ubiquitous Networks, IEEE Transaction on Communication E88–B(3), 973–980 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Dietzel, S., Bako, B., Schoch, E., Kargl, F.: A Fuzzy Logic based Approach for Structure-free Aggregation in Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks. In: Proc. VANET 2009, Beijing, China, September 25. ACM (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Lochert, C., Scheuermann, B., Mauve, M.: Probabilistic aggregation for data dissemination in VANETs. In: VANET 2007: Proceedings of the Fourth ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks, pp. 1–8 (September 2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Ohta, T., Kawaguchi, T., Kakuda, K.: A New Multicast Routing Protocol Based on Autonomous Clustering in Ad Hoc Networks. In: Proc. Autonomous Decentralized Systems, ISADS 2005, pp. 297–305. IEEE (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Quan, S.G., Kim, Y.Y.: Fast Data Aggregation Algorithm for Minimum Delay in Clustered Ubiquitous Sensor Networks. In: Proc. International Conference on Convergence and Hybrid Information Technology, ICHIT 2008, pp. 327–333. IEEE (August 2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Rathod, M., Mahgoub, I., Slavik, M.: A hybrid data dissemination scheme for VANETs. In: Proc. Wireless Days (WD). IFIP, pp. 1–7. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Dietzel, S., Kargl, F., Heijenk, G., Schaub, F.: Modeling in-network aggregation in VANETs. In: Proc. IEEE Communications Magazine. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar