Gradient Direction Based Human Face Positioning Algorithm Applied in Complex Background
Face detection in complex background are vulnerable to light or other factors. This paper presents one face positioning algorithm based on the gradient direction. Firstly, smoothly preprocess the original image, then get the enhanced edge of grayscale image using sobel operator, binaries image, and finally set the position at the horizontal and vertical level with the characteristics of gradient direction of the binarized image. Experiments show that the algorithm for face recognition in complex background and positioning is fast and efficient. It also has the same effect on multiple face images of people.
Keywordsgradient direction sobel operator enhanced edge of grayscale image binary face positioning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Li, Q., Yin, J., Li, J.: Gray Face Detection Based on Grads Information. Journal of University of Jinan (Science and Technology) 21(4), 341–344 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Shi, Y., Cai, Z.: Face Datecting Based on Grads Couple Featrue of Eyes. Computer Engineering and Application 26, 27–30 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Li, S., Xiong, H., et al.: Robust Face Detection In Complex Background. Mini-Micro Systems 21(7), 719–721 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Yu, Y., Yan, Y.: Algorithm Study of Face Detection and Location in Video Sequence. Computer Technology and Development (2), 33–38 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Lan, Z., Cao, J., Liang, S.: Face positioning Algorithm in Video Sequences with Complex Background. Computer Science 35(6), 42–48 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Yan, J.: Digital Image Processing (MATLAB Printing), pp. 32–56. Academic Press, Beijing (2007)Google Scholar