Theoretical and Empirical Analysis on Industry Conversion in Resource-Based Cities in China
Resource-based cities are developed by resource exploitation. With the resource exhausted gradually, those cities confront such an urgent problem: how to realize industry conversion effectively. In this paper, we discussed dynamic mechanism of industry conversion in resource-based cities, and did empirical analysis of dynamic factors of the industrial conversion in resource-based cities taking panel data in 31 typical resource-based cities from 1999 to 2006 as the sample, The result showed that technology progress, market degree, urbanization level and infrastructure level have significantly positive effect on the industry conversion of resource-based cities, while opening degree has significantly negative effect and education level has no significant effect.
Keywordsearthquake resource-based cities industry conversion dynamic mechanism dynamic factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Grabher, G.: The Wweaakness of Strong Ties: The Lock-in of Regional Development in the Ruhe area. In: Grabher, G. (ed.) The Embedded Firm: on the Socioeconomics of Industrial Networks. Routledge, London and New York (1993)Google Scholar
- 3.Neil, C., Tykkyläinen, M., Bradbury, J.: Coping with Closure: An international Comparison of Mine Town Experiences. Routledge, London and New York (1992)Google Scholar
- 4.Shi, T., Jun, W.: Sagittal, Structural Decline and Regional Policy - The Exit of Japan Form Coal Industry Postwar and Regional Policy of Coal Producing Area. The 10th Report of Industry Association Research (1994)Google Scholar
- 5.O’faircheallaigh, C.: Economic Base and Employment Structure in Northern Territory Mining Towns. In: Resource Communities: Settlement and Workforces Issures, pp. 221–236. CSIRO, Australia (1988)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang, M., Wu, C.: The Study of Obstacles and Countermeasures of Industry Conversion of Resource-Based Cities. Economic Theory and Economic Management 2, 35–38 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Song, D., Tang, J.: Analysis of Sunk Cost and Industry Conversion of Resource-Based Cities. Chinese Industrial Economy 6, 58–64 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Qian, Y., Yu, Z.: Problems with The Crack of Industry Conversion of Resource-Based Cities Northeastern. Finance Journal of Dongbei University 1, 36–39 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Wu, P., et al.: Industry Evolution Mechanism and The Old Resource-Based Industrial City - A Location Analysis of Structure Adjustment of An Old industry. Quest of Economic Issues 1, 124–127 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Tian, M., Wu, Y.: Empirical Research of The Industry Conversion of Resource-Exhausted cities. Economic Geography 4, 585–588 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Zhao, X.: Study of The Development Model of The Conversion of The Mature resource-based Cities- Taking Jining as An Example. Geography and Geographic Information Science 6, 87–91 (2007)Google Scholar
- 13.Zhu, H., et al.: Case and Evaluation of The Industry Conversion Degree Of Resource-Based Cities. Hebei Technology University (Social Science Edition) 2, 58–61, 64 (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Ling, W.-C., Deng, W.: Industrial Conversion and economic Google Scholar