Attosecond Pump-Probe of Doubly Excited States of Helium through Two-Photon Interferometry
We show that correlated dynamics in wave packets of doubly excited helium can be followed in real time by a pump-probe setup based on two-photon interferometry. This approach promises to map the evolution of the two-electron wave packet onto experimentally easily accessible non-coincident single electron spectra.
KeywordsPump Pulse Probe Pulse Double Ionization Attosecond Pulse Doubly Excited State
We acknowledge support by the FWF-Austria, grants No. SFB041 and P21141-N16 (S.N. and J.B.) and by the NSF through a grant to ITAMP (J.F.). C.T. and L.A.C. acknowledge support from LANL, which is operated by LANS, LLC for the NNSA of the U.S. DOE under Contract No. DE-AC52-06NA25396. The computations used the Vienna Scientific Cluster, Institutional Computing resources at Los Alamos National Laboratory, and NSF TeraGrid resources provided by NICS and TACC under grant TG-PHY090031.
- 1.E. Goulielmakis et al., Science 320, 1614 (2008). http://dx.doi.org/10.1126/science.1157846
- 2.F. Krausz, M. Ivanov, Rev. Mod. Phys. 81, 163 (2009). http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/RevModPhys.81.163
- 4.S. Gilbertson et al., Phys. Rev. A 81, 043810 (2010). http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevA.81.043810
- 5.P. Tzallas et al., Nature Physics 7, 781 (2011). http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nphys2033
- 9.R. Pazourek et al., Phys. Rev. A 83, 053418 (2011). http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevA.83.053418
- 11.N.N. Choi et al., Phys. Rev. A 82, 013409 (2010). http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevA.82.013409
- 12.C.W. McCurdy, M. Baertschy, T.N. Rescigno, J. Phys. B 37, R137 (2004). http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0953-4075/37/17/R01
- 13.S.L. Carter, H.P. Kelly, Phys. Rev. A 24, 170 (1981). http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevA.24.170