A Living Lab for Internet of Things Vending Machines
Vending machines are often considered mere dispenser facilities that trigger low engagement in their users. Instead, it is a market that is not only growing and expanding, but also evolving from a technological as well as service point of view. An experiential Internet of Things vending machine has been designed with the continuous involvement of users at different levels within San Raffaele Scientific Institute’s City of the Future Living Lab in Milan. This paper illustrates the case of the Living Lab methodology adopted for the development of an innovative Internet of Things vending machine service.
KeywordsLiving Lab Internet of Things Smart City Service Design Co- Creation Vending Machines
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.European Vending Association: An Introduction to Vending (2007), http://www.vending-europe.eu/file-documents/information/Vending.pdf
- 2.Rusdiansyah, A., Tsao, D.: An integrated model of the periodic delivery problems for vending-machine supply chains (2005), http://prolog.univie.ac.at/teaching/LVAs/KFK-Seminar/SS06/11.pdf
- 3.Fleisch, E.: What is the Internet of Things? An Economic Perspective (2010), http://www.autoidlabs.org/uploads/media/AUTOIDLABS-WP-BIZAPP-53.pdf
- 5.Service Design Network: Service Design Manifesto (2004), http://www.service-design-network.org/system/files/media/sdn%20Manifesto.pdf
- 6.Caragliu, A., Del Bo, C., Nijkamp, P.: Smart cities in Europe. In: Serie Research Memoranda 0048, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics (2009) Google Scholar
- 7.Komninos, N.: The Architecture of Intelligent Cities. In: Conference Proceedings from the 2nd IET International Conference on Intelligent Environments (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Santoro, R., Conte, M.: Living Labs in Open Innovation Functional Regions (2010), http://www.esoce.net/Living%20Labs%20in%20Functional%20Regions%20-%20White%20Paper.pdf
- 9.Haddon, D.: Vending Operations: Reaping the Benefits of Telemetry Technology (2008), http://www.telemetrytalk.com/resources/MEI%20Authored%20Telemetry%20Article%208.12.08%20FINAL.pdf
- 10.Pallot, M.: D1.1 KSB Overall Framework and Experience Model (2011), http://www.elliot-project.eu/