From TagID to eVIN – Structured Data Exchange Based on RFID
This paper gives a review about three different lab-based projects. All of them are evaluating the usage of structured data storage based on RFID to optimize data exchange throughout the supply chain. The first project uses ISO standards for data-on-tag storage, while the second one proves the concept of the EPCglobal architecture, which holds data in an EPCIS repository. Both have been implemented in pilot implementations. The third project follows the EPCglobal standards as well. In this case, the lab serves as a place to demonstrate the research concept through a mobile learning game. After a description of each project, the paper offers a comparison of the project objectives, their methods and results as well as the impact of the lab environment.
KeywordsRFID EPCglobal ISO Mobile Game Distributed Data Exchange
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lodewijks, G., Veeke, H.P.M., López De La Cruz, A.M.: Reliability of RFID in Logistic Systems. In: IEEE International Conference on Service Operations and Logistics, and Informatics, pp. 971–976 (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Böse, F., Piotrowski, J., Scholz-Reiter, B.: Autonomously controlled storage management in vehicle logistics – applications of RFID and mobile computing systems. Int. J. RF Technol.: Res. Appl. 1(1), 57–76 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Rezwan, A.: Reverse Logistics: RFID the key to optimality. J. Ind. Eng. Manag. 4(2), 281–300 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.ODETTE: Automotive Supply Chain Best Practice Recommendation: RFID in Vehicle Distribution Processes (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Uckelmann, D., Hamann, T., Zschintsch, M.: Performance increase and benefit compensation in supply chains by partial information sharing and billing based on identification of returnable transport icons. Int. J. RF Technol.: Res. Appl. 1(1), 23–43 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.EPCglobal standards, http://www.gs1.org/gsmp/kc/epcglobal
- 7.Fosstrak EPCIS, http://www.fosstrak.org/epcis/index.html
- 8.Uckelmann, D.: A billing integrated EPCglobal Network. In: Internet of Things 2010 Conference (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.VLL – Das Virtual Logistics Lab, http://www.virtual-logistics-lab.de