Decision Making and Recommendation Protocol Based on Trust for Multi-agent Systems
Agent decision making in large scale multi-agent systems requires techniques which often involve uncertainty and risk. In this paper we propose the decision making protocol based on trust concept with respecting multi-context property of trust. One of the parts of this proposal is a recommendation protocol, which is used for obtaining recommendations from third party agents and gathering information for building trust.
Keywordstrust multi-context trust recommendation decision making agent uncertainty
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abdul-Rahman, A., Hailes, S.: Supporting trust in virtual communities. In: Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, vol. 6, p. 6007 (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Castelfranchi, C., Falcone, R.: Principles of trust for MAS: Cognitive anatomy, social importance, and quantification. In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Multi Agent Systems, ICMAS 1998, pp. 72–79. IEEE Computer Society (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Hübner, J.F., Bordini, R.H.: Jason a Java-based interpreter for an extended version of AgentSpeak (2010), http://jason.sourceforge.net/
- 4.Hurwicz, L.: A criterion for decision-making under uncertainty. Technical Report 355, Cowles Commission (1952)Google Scholar
- 5.Sabater, J., Sierra, C.: REGRET: reputation in gregarious societies. In: Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Autonomous Agents, pp. 194–195 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Malačka, O., Samek, J., Zbořil, F.: Event driven multi-context trust model. In: The 10th International Conference on Intelligent Systems Design and Applications (ISDA 2010), pp. 911–917. IEEE Computer Society (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Marsh, S.P.: Formalising Trust as a Computational Concept. PhD thesis, University of Stirling (April 1994)Google Scholar