Usage of Mobile Phones for Personalized Healthcare Solutions
One of the greatest hurdles in providing the appropriate healthcare is the availability of proper information at the point of individual’s care. Mobile phone-based health solutions can bridge this gap and can support with right information at the right time. In order to overcome some of the prevalent issues and hence provide the necessary healthcare, we here introduce one such mobile based system known as the Personalized Mobile Health Service System for Individual’s Healthcare which caters to the specific needs of the user without the constraint on mobility. This system helps in guiding the user with regard to the food they consume, the precautionary measures to be taken in case of any ailments, and when they travel to a new location etc. This system also proves to be supportive in situations when the user is in a traumatic condition suffering alone. The main advantage of the system is that it will keep updating the details to the user on a regular basis.
KeywordsPersonalized Mobile Health Service System Ontological Framework Cloud Computing Wearable Sensors Healthcare solutions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Rowley, R.: Is Cloud Computing Right for Health IT?, Healthcare IT News E-Newsletters, Himss (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Health Cloud details, https://healthcloud.net/
- 5.Jones, V., van Halteren, A., Konstantas, R.B.D., Widy, I., Herzog, R.: Mobile Patient Monitoring: The MobiHealth System. The Journal on Information Technology in Healthcare 2(5), 365–373 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Jones, V.M., Bults, R.G.A., Konstantas, D., Vierhout, P.A.M.: Healthcare PANs: personal area networks for trauma care and home care. In: Proceedings Fourth International Symposium on Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications (WPMC), Aalborg, Denmark (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Van Halteren, A.T., Bults, R.G.A., Widya, I.A., Jones, V.M., Konstantas, D.: Mobihealth-Wireless body area networks for healthcare. In: Wearable eHealth Systems for Personalised Health Management, Il Ciocco Castelvecchio Pascoli Lucca, Tuscany, pp. 11–14 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Saravanan, M., Prasad, G., Yeshwanth, K.S., Venkatesh, B.: Development of Ontological Framework for Mobile Health Services. In: PAKDD 2010: Workshop on Data Mining for Healthcare Management, DMHM 2010 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Weibenberg, N., Voisard, A., Gartmann, R.: Using ontologies in personalized mobile applications. In: Proceedings of the 12th Annual ACM International Workshop on Geographic Information Systems, November 12-13, Washington DC, USA (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Connolly, J.M.: Health IT in the Cloud: A Long Road, Mass High Tech. The Voice of New England Innovation (June 24, 2010)Google Scholar
- 12.My Pillbox - Medication List, http://www.mypillbox.org/med_list.php