Stability Analysis of Rotordynamic Behaviors
- 2.8k Downloads
Two important issues of the automotive turbochargers in the rotordynamics are resonance and instability of the rotor. Both have a common harmful effect that causes damages of the turbochargers during the operation. However, there is a big difference between the resonance and instability if we take a close look on them.
KeywordsHopf Bifurcation Bifurcation Point Vibration Response Periodic Vibration Vibration Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bently, D.E., Hatch, C.: Fundamentals of Rotating Machinery Diagnostics. Bently Pressurized Bearing Press (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Ehrich, F.: Handbook of Rotordynamics. Krieger Publishing Company (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Kraemer, E.: Rotordynamics of Rotors and Foundations. Springer, Heidelberg (1993)Google Scholar
- 4.Govaerts, W., et al.: MATCONT: Program of Bifurcation Analysis of Dynamical Systems (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Newland, D.E.: Mechanical Vibration Analysis and Computation. Dover Publications Inc. (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Randall, R.B.: Vibration-based Condition Monitoring: Industrial, Aerospace and Automotive Applications. John Wiley and Sons (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Seydel, R.: Practical Bifurcation and Stability Analysis, 3rd edn. Springer, Heidelberg (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Schmidt, G., Tondl, A.: Nonlinear Vibrations. Cambridge University Press (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Strogatz, S.H.: Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos. Westview (1994)Google Scholar
- 10.Thompson, J.M.T., Stewart, H.B.: Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos. J. Wiley and Sons Inc. (1986)Google Scholar