A Design of Embedded Integration Prototyping System Based on AR
Because of increasing usage of smart phones in recent years, the application field of convergence industry between IT technology using smart phone-based mobile communication networks and other industry branches is expanding. In addition, R&D technologies in other fields are applied to smart phone applications effectively in order to develop products and support daily life more convenient. However, it is very hard to control these products and there is no efficient solution for this problem when many people are sent to specific area for big events, such as Biennale, Film Festival, EXPO, and so on. In order to solve this problem, this paper describes a network-based ticket reservation system and its organization using smart phone augmented reality and mobile communication networks. In particular, we propose a method of designing and developing prototyping system based on smart phone application design technologies, prior to developing real smart phone application.
KeywordsSmart Phone Appl Augmented Reality Embedded Integrated Prototyping GPS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gartner Group, Worldwide Mobile Device Sales to End Users Reached 1.6 Billion Units in 2010; Smartphone Sales Grew 72 Percent in 2010, www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=1540314 (February 2011)
- 2.Kubber, A.: Location based Services. Wiley and Sons (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Vaughan-Nichols, S.J.: Will Mobile Computing’s Future Be Location? IEEE Computer (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Lee, J.H., Jin, A.Y., Park, Y.H.: Next-generation smartphones Technology Trend Analysis. In: KIPS Conference, vol. 18(1) (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Azuma, R.: A Survey of Augmented Reality Presence: Teleoperators and Virtual Environments, pp. 355–385 (August 1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Harrison, A., Ollila, M.: UMAR: Ubiquitous Mobile Augmented Reality. In: The Proc. of the 3rd Intl. Conf. on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia, New York, USA, pp. 41–45 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Jung, G.M., Choi, A.S.: Smart-Phone based LBS Technology Trend Analysis. TTA Journal 33 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Hooi, T.C.: An Integrated GIS Database Server for Malaysian Mapping, Cadastral and Location-Based Systems (LBS). In: WRI World Congress on Computer Science and Information Engineering, Los Angels, USA, pp. 162–167 (2009)Google Scholar