Grid of Learning Resources in E-learning Communities
Virtual Learning Communities allow organizations to be more cooperative during training activities via the Internet, with the provision of their learning resource. However, today, such techniques are not being implemented optimally and efficiently. In this paper we present a description of the problems that would face the generation of the grid of learning resources. Currently little is known about the problems that prevent the formation of virtual learning communities, so, this work is important for community members (directors, teachers, researchers and practitioners) because it offers a conceptual framework that helps understand these scenarios and can provide useful design requirements when generating learning services (Grid of Learning Resources). We also propose an experience in which virtual learning communities have been integrated in Cartagena (Colombia) obtaining an alternative solution to the current problems.
KeywordsE-learning Grid Learning Communities Learning Resources
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cheon, E., Ahn, J.: Virtual community 101: know your virtual community and members. In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication, pp. 639–643. ACM, New York (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Gordon, H.M., Stockdale, R.: Taxonomy of Online Communities: Ownership and Value Propositions. In: Proceedings of the 42nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Learning Technology Systems Architecture (LTSA), Draft Standard for Learning Technology (2001), http://ltsc.ieee.org/wg1/
- 8.Akram, A., Allan, R.: Organization of Grid Resources in Communities. In: Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Middleware for Grid Computing, vol. 194 (20), ACM, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Monroy, R.M., Ribón, J.R., de Miguel, T.P.: Federation of Academic Services Supported by Organizational and Design Patterns. In: Proceedings of the 2010 Euro American Conference on Telematics and Information Systems, Panamá (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Ferretti, S., Mirri, S., Muratori, L.A., Roccetti, M., Salomoni, P.: E-learning 2.0: you are We-LCoME! In: Proceedings of the 2008 International Cross-Disciplinary Conference on Web Accessibility, Beijing, vol. 317, pp. 116–125 (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Ribón, J.R., de Miguel, T.P., Monroy, R.M.: Web 2.0 Architecture for Services Federation in Virtual Learning Communities. In: Proceedings of the 2010 Euro American Conference on Telematics and Information Systems, Panamá (2010)Google Scholar