Context-Awareness Smart Safety Monitoring System Using Sensor Network
In recent times, the human-centered information society is changing into Ubiquitous Sensor Network computing society, where information between objects can be combined organically and utilized. An accurate context awareness reasoning proceeds with use of the ontology with possible exact association with objects and meaning. This uses data of the users’ surrounding environment to analyze or predict a situation and provides the basis for the accident prevention and the automation of the management system. Currently a variety of context awareness studies with many approaches are conducted in many fields. USN environment has been used in the field of context-awareness to reduce industrial accidents in various industrial settings and has proven to be effective as a precaution to frequent environmental disasters. This paper analyses many problems occurring in USN environment to prevent disasters at construction sites as part of industrial accidents and proposes measures to handle sensor nodes and wireless stream data. We also propose effective systems to reduce industrial accidents by showing industrial safety control system with smart objects and some detailed module structure.
KeywordsUbiquitous Sensor Networks Context-Aware Stream Data High Speed Processing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Akyildiz, I.F., Su, W., Sankarasubramaniam, Y., Cayirci, E.: A survey on sensor networks. Computer Networks (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Szewczyk, R., Mainwaring, A., Polastre, J., Culler, D.: An Analysis of a Large Scale Habitat Monitoring Application. In: Proc. ACM Conf. Embedded Netwoked Sensor Systems, pp. 214–226 (July 2004)Google Scholar
- 5.TTAK.KO-06.0168/R1 (USN Metadata Specification ) (December 2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Dey, A.K.: Supporting the Construction of Context-Aware Applications. Dagstuhl seminar on Ubiquitous Computing (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Korkea-Aho, M.: Context-Aware Applications Survey (2000), http://www.hut.fi/~mkorkeaa/doc/context-aware.html