The Guaranteed QoS for Time-Sensitive Traffic in High-Bandwidth EPON
Recently many countries have kept studying on the methods of constructing high speed networks. Task Force team for IEEE 802.3ah has accomplished the standardization of EPON which is the next generation subscriber access network. EPON doesn’t still have the bandwidth wide enough to support the new service which demands high bandwidth. Therefore 10G EPON is the next generation subscriber access network which expanded the up-down bandwidth range of 1G EPON 10 times in order to support a next generation multimedia service demanding high bandwidth and which is proceeding the standardization of physical layer in IEEE 802.3av Task Force. This paper has designed the model which can accommodate IEEE 802.1 AVB traffics smoothly in 10G EPON and suggesting the Intra-ONU scheduling model which makes this model operate effectively.
Keywords10G EOON QoS DBA Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pesavento, G., Kelsey, M.: PONs for the Broadband Local loop. Lightwave 16(10), 68–74 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Rodrigues, S.: IEEE-1588 and Synchronous Ethernet in Telecom. In: ISPCS, pp. 138–142 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.IEEE 802.1 Higher Speed Study group, http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/hssg/index.html
- 7.Ma, M., Zhu, Y., Cheng, T.H.: A bandwidth guaranteed polling MAC protocol for Ethernet passive optical networks. In: IEEE INFO-COM, pp. 22-31 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.IEEE P802.1Qat/D4.2: Draft Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks, Virtual Bridged Local Area Networks, Amendment 9: Stream Reservation Protocol (SRP) (2009)Google Scholar