Efficient Doppler Spread Compensation with Frequency Domain Equalizer and Turbo Code
In the satellite communication system, Doppler spread is caused by the movement of the mobile receiver such as high speed aircraft, vessel, and so on. To overcome Doppler spread in the satellite communications, we propose the novel FDE (Frequency Domain Equalizer) and turbo code in order to compensate Doppler spread efficiently in this paper. And we adapt single carrier system in order to save power in satellite system. Also, in order to guarantee channel capacity, we have to reduce interference such as Doppler spread by using FDE. To overcome such shortcomings and secure high SINR (Signal to Interference and Noise Ratio), we propose FDE and turbo code. If we reduce interference and secure high SINR by using FDE and turbo code, the Shannon’s channel capacity is guaranteed. Therefore, the purpose of this paper is to improve system performance with low BER (Bit Error Rate) and high SINR. In this paper, we adapt comb type pilot in order to estimate and compensate Doppler spread. As the simulation results, the proposed algorithm has high performance which is satisfied with 2.5dB at 10− 4 where the number of iterations is 4.
KeywordsFrequency domain equalizer Turbo code Doppler spread Single carrier system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ETSI EN 302 307 (V1.2.1).: Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB); second generation framing structure, channel coding and modulation system for braodcasting, interactive services, news, gathering and other broadband satellite applications (2009) Google Scholar
- 2.Kim, P., Han, J., Chang, D.-I., Oh, D.-G.: Efficient channel equalization technique for DVB-S2 standard. In: 2010 5th Advanced Satellite Multimedia Systems Conference (asma) and the 11th Signal Processing for Space Communications Workshop (spsc) (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Lei, J., Vázquez-Castro, M.A., Stockhammer, T., Vieira, F.: Link layer FEC for quality-of-service provision for Mobile Internet Services over DVB-S2. IJSCN 28(3-4), 183–207 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Suzuki, Y., et al.: A Study of Adaptive Equalizer for APSK in the Advanced Satellite Broadcasting System. In: Globecom 2009 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Yang, W.Y., et al.: MATLAB / Simulink for Digital Communication, 1st edn. A-Jin Publishing (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Mauritz, O.: A hybrid method for Doppler spread estimation. In: Proc. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conf. (VTC)—Spring, pp. 962–965 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Adaptive space-time processing for wireless CDMA. In: Affes, S., Mermelstein, P., Benesty, J., Huang, A.H. (eds.) Adaptive Signal Processing: Application to Real-World Problems, ch. 10, pp. 283–321. Springer, Berlin (2003)Google Scholar