Self-adaptive Cluster-Based Differential Evolution with an External Archive for Dynamic Optimization Problems
In this paper we propose a self adaptive cluster based Differential Evolution (DE) algorithm to solve the Dynamic Optimization Problems (DOPs). We have enhanced the classical DE to perform better in dynamic environments by a powerful clustering technique. During evolution, the information gained by the particles of different clusters is exchanged by a self adaptive strategy. The information exchange is done by re-clustering, and the cluster number is updated adaptively throughout the optimization process. To detect the environment change a test particle is used. Moreover, to adapt the population in new environment an External Archive is also used. The performance of SACDEEA is evaluated on GDBG benchmark problems and compared with other existing algorithms.
KeywordsDifferential Evolution Dynamic Optimization Problem (DOP) Self adaptive clustering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Li, C., Yang, S., Nguyen, T.T., Yu, E.L., Yao, X., Jin, Y., Beyer, H.G., Suganthan, P.N.: Benchmark Generator for CEC 2009 Competition on Dynamic Optimization. University of Leicester, Univ. of Birmingham, Nanyang Technological University, Tech. Rep. (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Grefenstette, J.J.: Genetic algorithms for changing environments. In: Proc. 2nd Int. Conf. Parallel Problem Solving from Nature, pp. 137–144 (1992)Google Scholar
- 5.Mendes, R., Mohais, A.S.: DynDE: a differential evolution for dynamic optimization problems. In: Proc. of IEEE Cong. on Evol. Comput., vol. 2, pp. 2808–2815 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Branke, J.: Memory enhanced evolutionary algorithms for changing optimization problems. In: Proc. of IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 3, pp. 1875–1882 (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Brest, J., Zamuda, A., Boskovic, B., Maucec, M.S., Zumer, V.: Dynamic Optimization using Self-Adaptive Differential Evolution. In: Proc. Cong. on Evol. Comput., pp. 415–422 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Liu, L., Yang, S., Wang, D.: Particle Swarm Optimization with Composite Particles in Dynamic Environments. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics—Part B: Cybernetics 40(6) (December 2010)Google Scholar