Preparation and Characterization of the Cu(In, Al)Se2 Absorber
The CIAS films were deposited sequentially by selenization process of metallic precursors, The CIAS films were characterized with X-ray diffraction (XRD), scanning electron microscopy (SEM), energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) and so on. The results show that :it is observed that CIAS thin films of samples F1, F2 and F3 are Cu-rich and the ratio of nAl/(nAl+nIn) is 0.14, 0.22, 0.33, and the CIAS films with smooth surface, homogenous distribution and better crystallization, films are chalcopyrite phase with preferred (112) orientation. For F2 sample with four minutes sputtering time, the value of x is 0.22 in CIAS film, the band gap between 1.4eV and 1.5eV was obtained in accordance with ideal band gap of solar cells.
KeywordsCu(In, Al)Se2 metallic precursors selenization process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhuang, D.-M., Zhang, G.: States of sarts and application prospect of thin film solar cells based on Cu(In, Ga) Se2. Vacuum 41, 1–7 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Itoh, F., Saitoh, O., Kita, M., Nagamori, H., Oike, H.: Sol. Energy Mater. Sol. Cells 50, 119 (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Dhananjay, Nagaraju, J., Krupanidhi, S.B.: Solid State Commun. 127, 243 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Halgand, E., Bernede, J.C., Msrsillac, S., Kessler, J.: Thin Solid Films 480, 443 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Zoppi, G., Forbes, I., Nasikkar, P., Miles, R.W.: Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 1012, Y12–02 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Kavitha, B., Dhanam, M.: Mater. Sci. Eng. B 140, 59 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Liu, E.-K., Zhu, B.-S., Luo, J.-S.: Semiconductor physics, p. 260. China National Defence Industry Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 10.Marudachalam, M., Hichri, H., Klenk, R., Birkmire, R.W., Shafrman, W.N., Schultz, J.M.: Appl. Phys. Lett. 67, 3978 (1995)Google Scholar