PCA Plus LDA on Wavelet Co-occurrence Histogram Features: Application to CBIR
- 747 Downloads
In this paper, we propose a novel wavelet based PCA-LDA approach for content Based Image Retrieval. The color and texture features are extracted based on the co-occurrence histograms of wavelet decomposed images. The features extracted by this method form a feature vector of high dimensionality of 1152 for the color image. A combination of Principal Component Analysis (PCA) and Linear Discriminate Analysis (LDA) was applied on feature vector for dimension reduction and to enhance the class separability. By applying PCA to the feature vectors, low dimensionality feature sets were obtained and processed using LDA. The vectors obtained from the LDA are representative of each image. It is evident from the experimental results that the proposed method exhibits superior performance in the reduced feature set (i.e., retrieval efficiency 87% for proposed method, 66% for PCA and 35% for original set based on wavelet feature).
KeywordsTexture Wavelet PCA LDA CBIR Dimensionality Reduction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Hiremath, P.S., Shivashankar, S., Pujari, J.: Wavelet Based Features for Color Texture Classification With Application To CBIR. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security 6(9A), 124–133 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Ye, F., Shi, Z., Shi, Z.: A Comparative Study Of PCA, LDA And Kernel LDA For Image Classification. In: International Symposium on Ubiquitous Virtual Reality, pp. 51–54 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Swets, D.L., Weng, J.: Discriminant analysis and eigenspace partition tree for face and object recognition from views. In: Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (FG 1996), October 14-16, p. 192. IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC (1996)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Belhumeur, N., Hespanha, J., Kriegman, D.: Eigenfaces vs.Fisherfaces: Recognition Using Class Specific Linear Projection. In: Buxton, B.F., Cipolla, R. (eds.) ECCV 1996. LNCS, vol. 1065, pp. 45–58. Springer, Heidelberg (1996)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhao, W., Chellappa, R., Phillips, J.: Subspace Linear Discriminant Analysis for Face Recognition. Technical Report CS-TR4009, Univ.of Maryland (1999)Google Scholar
- 14.Sengur, A.: An expert system based on principal component analysis, artificial immune system and fuzzy k-NN for diagnosis of valvular heart diseases. Comp. Biol. Med (2007), doi:10.1016/j.compbiomed.2007.11.004Google Scholar