A TCM-Enabled Access Control Scheme
Trusted Cryptography Supporting Platform is a computer platform with high dependable and available software and hardware, within which security mechanism is reliable and robust because some encryption/decryption, authentication techniques are adopted upon the operating system based on the trusted platform module in a chip or ARM board. USB disk is a popular, flexible, removable storage device but it also brings some new information security risks at the same time. In this paper, a TCM (Trusted Cryptography Module)-enabled transparent file encryption/decryption strategy is proposed with which a Minifilter driver subroutine are programmed under Microsoft’s latest Minifilter framework and files of USB disk can be transparently encrypted or decrypted. With the TSM/SDK (TCM Service Module/ Software Development Kit) , the file encryption/decryption procedures are better kept in safety by invocating TCM’s hash component, random function component and encryption/decryption component. Hence, the removable storage’s data (files) are of high security because TCM is an individual hardware, the encryption/decryption operations are running within TCM and the key is stored in TCM.
KeywordsRemovable storage TCM Encryption/ Decryption Minifilter framework
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lin, H.: Research and Implementation for File Transparent Encryption based on Minifilter. Zhejiang University of Technology (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, M.: Development for secure file kernel based on the New Generation FilterDrvier Framework. SouthWeast Jiaotong University (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Reid, J.F., Caelli, W.J.: DRM, Trusted Computing and Operating System Architecture. Research and Practice in Information 44, 127–136 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Kong, W.: TPM Working Model. Journal of Wuhan Coolege of Sci. and Tech. 18(1), 44–47 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.The National Standard, Functionality and Interface Specification of Cryptographic Support Platform for Trusted Computing (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Huang, G.: The Core Technique Analysis of Windows Encryption File System. Computer and Information Technology 13(4), 1–12 (2005)Google Scholar