A Protocol for Discovering Content Adaptation Services
Service-oriented content adaptation scheme has emerged to address content adaptation problem. In this scheme, content adaptation functions are provided as services by multiple providers, located across wide area network. To benefit from these services, clients must be able to locate them in the network. This makes service discovery as an important component. In this paper, we propose a service discovery protocol that takes into account searching space, searching time, QoS and physical location of the potential providers. The performance of the proposed protocol is studied in term of discoverability under various conditions and shown to be substantially better than the keyword-based and QoS-based approaches.
KeywordsContent adaptation service discovery protocol discoverability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fawaz, Y., Berhe, G., Brunie, L., Scuturici, V.-M., Coquil, D.: Efficient Execution of Service Composition for Content Adaptation in Pervasive Computing. Int. Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting, 1–10 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Azhan, N., Hui, S., Imran, G., Izzuddin, T.: Using Service-based Content Adaptation Platform to Enhance Mobile User Experience. In: Int. Conf. on Mobile Technology and Applications, pp. 552–557. ACM Press, New York (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Tonnies, S., Kohncke, B., Hennig, P., Balke, W.: A Service Oriented Architecture for Personalized Rich Media Delivery. In: IEEE Int. Conf. on Service Computing, pp. 340–347. IEEE Press, New York (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Dastjerdi, A., Tabatabaei, S., Buyya, R.: An Effective Architecture for Automated Appliance Management System Applying Ontology-based Cloud Discovery. In: 10th IEEE/ACM CCGrid, pp. 104–112. IEEE Press, New York (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Chakraborty, D., Joshi, A., Yesh, Y., Finin, T.: GSD: A Novel Group-based Service Discovery Protocol for MANETS. In: 4th IEEE Conf. on Mobile and Wireless Communications Networks, pp. 140–144. IEEE Press, New York (2002)Google Scholar
- 13.Berhe, G., Brunie, L., Pierson, J.: Content Adaptation in Distributed Multimedia Systems. Journal of Digital Information Management 3(2), 96–100 (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.Md Fudzee, M.-F., Abawajy, J., Deris, M.: Service Discovery for Service-oriented Content Adaptation. In: 7th ICST Mobiquitous, pp. 1–2. Springer, Heidelberg (2010)Google Scholar