An Evaluation Methodology for Automatic Transcription System of Radiology Reports
This research combines knowledge from Computer Science and Health Science in order to propose an evaluation methodology for Automatic Transcription System of Radiology Reports. This methodology was designed based on Voice User interface requirements and specific requirements of automatic transcription systems of Radiology report. The same methodology was previously validated through some inspections and usability tests outside the hospital environment and, afterwards, it was used in two hospitals in São Paulo city. This approach aims to reduce costs of testing and available time by radiologists interviewed. Thus, the final product in this work consists of a set of criteria for evaluation of usability, comprising the name of the metric, evaluating method, steps to be followed and material to be used. By the use of this set, the evaluators can process the results of each requirement from the software.
KeywordsUsability Evaluation Voice User Interface Automatic Transcription System of Radiology Reports Dictation System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Price, P.: Evaluation of spoken language systems: the ATIS domain. In: Proceedings of the Third DARPA Speech and Natural Language Workshop. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (1990)Google Scholar
- 5.Gibbon, D., Moore, R., Winski, R. (eds.): Hand-book of Standards and Resources for Spoken Language Systems. Mouton de Gruyter, New York (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Dybkjaer, L., Bernsen, N.O., Dybkjaer, H.: Generality and objectivity: central issues in putting a dialogue evaluation tool into practical use. In: Hirschberg, J., Kamm, C., Walker, M. (eds.) Interactive Spoken Dialog Systems. Proceedings of a Workshop Sponsored by the Association for Computational Linguistics, Madrid, Spain, pp. 17–24. ACL (1997)Google Scholar
- 10.Kimberly, D.V.: A Methodology of Error Detection Improving Speech Recognition. Simon Fraser University Library, Canada (2006)Google Scholar
- 13.White, K.S.: Speech recognition implementation in radiology. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.Bhan, S.N., Coblentz, C., Norman, G.R., Ali, A.H.: Effect of Voice Recognition on Radiologist Reporting Time. CARJ 59(4) (October 2008)Google Scholar
- 15.Durling, S., Lumsden, J.: Speech Recognition Use in Healthcare Applications. In: Proceedings of MoMM 2008, MoCoHe. ACM, New York (2008) 978-1-60558-269-6/08/0011Google Scholar
- 16.Diah, N.M., Ismaili, M., Ahmad, S., Dahari, M.K.M.: Usability testing for educational computer game using observation method. In: CAMP 2010, The First International Conference on Information Retrieval and Knowledge Management, Shah Alam, Malaysia (2010)Google Scholar
- 17.Mitchell, P.P.: A step-by-step guide to usability testing. iUniverse, Lincoln, NE (2007) Google Scholar
- 18.Möller, S.: A new taxonomy for the quality of telephone services based on spoken dialogue systems. In: Proc. 3rd SIGdial Worksh. on Discourse and Dialogue, US, Philadelphia, pp. 142–153 (2002)Google Scholar
- 19.Salvador, V.F.M., Oliveira Neto, J.S., Kawamoto A.L.: Requirement Engineering Contributions to Voice User Interface. In: First International Conference on Advances in Computer-Human Interaction, Sainte Luce, pp. 309–314 (2008)Google Scholar