Team Creativity Evolution Based on Exploitation and Exploration with Network Structure Perspectives
- 759 Downloads
Even though several researches have been conducted on team creativity and organizational adaptation by the process of exploitation and exploration, few have attempted to address to analyze the direct structure of exploitation and exploration related to the network structure of organizations. This research addresses how team creativity can be revealed through knowledge creation of exploitation and exploration processes with an emphasis on network structure. Several network structures are considered like relational strength, heterogeneity, and knowledge diversity in order to analyze directly knowledge creation structure. We propose logical model defined by the knowledge creation functions of exploitation and exploration and time-dependent simulations were conducted.
KeywordsTeam creativity Knowledge Creation Exploitation Exploration Network Structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Amabile, T.M.: A model of creativity and innovation in organizations. Research in Organizational Behavior 10, 123–167 (1988)Google Scholar
- 2.Amabile, T.M.: Creativity in context. Westview, CO (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Burt, R.S.: Structural Holes: The Social Structure of Competition. Harvard University Press, Cambridge (1992)Google Scholar
- 8.Coleman, J.S.: Foundations of Social Theory. Harvard Business Press, Cambridge (1990)Google Scholar
- 10.Fang, C., Lee, J., Schilling, M.A.: Balancing exploration and exploitation through structural design: The isolation of subgroups and organization learning. Organization Science, 0: orsc. 1090.0468V1 – rsc.1090.0468 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Florida, R.: The rise of the creative class: and how it’s transforming work, leisure, community and everyday life. Basic Books, New York (2002)Google Scholar