An Energy Efficient On-Demand Routing Scheme Based on Link Quality for Wireless Sensor Networks
- 713 Downloads
Most of legacy routing schemes for wireless sensor networks do not consider the retransmission energy consumption when they predict the transmission energy consumption. They usually select the path based on hop by hop routing technology. Therefore these routing schemes have a problem in that they may exclude the path even though the path has better energy efficiency. In this paper, we proposed an energy aware routing scheme which transmits the accumulated predicted transmission energy value considering retransmission and minimum residual energy of node of whole candidate paths. A destination node selects the best energy efficient path within received candidate paths using energy related information. To evaluate the performance of our proposed scheme, the performance simulation has been compared to that of legacy on-demand routing scheme.
KeywordsWireless Sensor Networks On-demand Routing Link Quality Energy Efficient Routing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Perkins, Belding-Royer, E.: Ad hoc On Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing, RFC 3561 (July 2003) Google Scholar
- 3.Ilyas, M.U., Radha, H.: Measurement Based Analysis and Modeling of the Error Process in IEEE 802.15.4 LR-WPANs. In: IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 1948–1956 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Perkins, C.E., Belding-Royer, E., Chakeres, I.: Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing, draft-perkins-manet-aodvbis-01. IETF Internet Draft (February 2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Kim, K., Daniel, S.: 6LoWPAN Ad Hoc On-Demand Distance Vector Routing(LOAD), draft-daniel-6lowpan-load-adhoc-routing. IETF Internet-Draft (September 2006)Google Scholar
- 6.TinyOS Community Forum, Open Source, http://nesct.sorceforge.net/tinyaodv.html
- 8.TinyOS Community Forum, Open Source, http://www.tinyos.net/tinyos-1.x/tos/lib/Multi-HopLQI/
- 9.Cagri Gungor, V., et al.: Resource-Aware and Link Quality Based Routing Metric for Wireless Sensor and Actor Networks. In: IEEE ICC 2007, pp. 3364–3369 (2007)Google Scholar