The Group Management System Based on Wireless Sensor Network and Application on Android Platform
- 747 Downloads
This paper presents a group management system with WSN(Wireless Sensor Network) and smart phone devices. The proposed system was comprised of personal device based on WSN, smart phone device which is used by group manager and web server. The sensor node called as personal device which is used by group members sends a data packet every 2 seconds to the manager device. The manager can check their group member’s distance from him within a 30-meter radius and battery residual quantity with the manager device. Manager device sends its latitude and longitude data from GPS(Global Positioning System) and information of personal devices to web server. Therefore, other person such as group member’s parents can assure their children’s safety and security through the web page. The RSSI value from sensor node was converted into distance data by computed log-normal path loss model.
KeywordsGroup Management System Wireless Sensor Network Android Platform Web Server Log-Normal Path Loss Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yusof, A.M., Rusli, M.E., Yusof, Y.: Kids Finder Through Bluetooth Technology. In: 12th International Conference on Digital Telecommunications, ICDT 2006 (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, P.Y., Chen, W.T., Wu, C.H., Tseng, Y.–C., Huang, C.–F.: A group tour guide system with rfids and wireless sensor networks. In: International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks, pp. 561–562 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Liu, T.-Y., Tan, T.-H., Chu, Y.-L.: Outdoor natural Science Learning with an RFID-Supported Immersive Ubiquitous Learning Environment. Educational Technology & Society 12(4), 161–175 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Tsai, C.-Y., Chou, S.-y., Lin, S.-W.: Location-aware tour guide systems in museums. Scientific Research and Essayas 5(8), 714–720 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Yan, R.-H., Yu, C.-H., Ding, I.-J., Tsai, K.C.: Wireless Sensor network Based Smart Community Security Service. In: The 2nd Workshop on Wireless, Ad Hoc, and Sensor Networks, p. 13 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Pan, Y.-C., Liu, W.-c., Li, X.: Development and Research of Music Player Application Based on Android. In: International Conference on Communications and Intelligence Information Security, pp. 23–25 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Conder, S., Darcey, L.: Android Wireless Application Development. Addison-Wesley Professional, Reading (2009)Google Scholar