Effect of In-Vehicle Parameters on the Vehicle Fuel Economy
- 773 Downloads
This Paper proposed the prediction method of fuel consumption from vehicle information through OBD-II. We assumed RPM, TPS had a relationship with fuel consumption. We got the output as fuel-consumption from a vehicle RPM, TPS as input by using polynomial equation. We had modeling as quadric function with OBD-II data and fuel consumption data supported by automotive company in real. In order to verify the effectiveness of proposed method, 5 km real road-test was performed. The results showed that the proposed method can estimate precisely the fuel consumption from vehicle multi-data. It was observed that the proposed models using instantaneous engine RPM and TPS can predict the fuel consumption quite well with correlation coefficient were 76% and 88% respectively.
KeywordsFuel consumption On Board Diagnosis RPM TPS Polynomial equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Kamal, M.A.S., Mukai, M., Murata, J., Kawabe, T.: On board eco-driving system for varying road-traffic environments using model predictive control. In: 2010 IEEE International Conference on Control Applications, pp. 1636–1641 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Godavarty, S., Broyles, S., Parten, M.: Interfacing to the on-board diagnostic system. In: IEEE VTS-Fall Vehicular Technology Conference, vol. 4, pp. 2000–2004 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.OBD-II PIDs, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs
- 6.Scantool, http://www.scantool.net/
- 7.Elm Electronics, http://www.elmelectronics.com/
- 8.Hyundai Motor Company, http://www.hyundai.com/