Dynamic Touch-Screen UI Generation of Mobile Application Using Probe Key Test
- 724 Downloads
As touch-screen mobile phones pour into the market, demands for reusing existing mobile applications by adding a touch-screen UI are increasing. Up until this point, the method of defining a single screen keyboard and redirecting touch inputs to key inputs was used. However, this method diminishes the efficiency of touch-screens because a fixed-layout is applied to every application even though different keys are used for different UI states of an application. This study proposes a method that investigates the type of keys used in an application during run-time using the probe key and dynamically configures the layout of screen keyboards. Test results of the proposed method showed that an optimized touch-screen UI was generated every time the UI state of an application changed.
KeywordsSoftware Reuse Touch-Screen User Interface Program Transformation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cho, J., Hong, C., Lee, Y.: Implementation of Automatic Translation Tools of GVM to BREW Contents in Mobile Environment. Journal of Korea Multimedia Society 9(2), 38–49 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Park, S., Kwon, H., Kim, Y., Lee, Y.S.: Design and Implementation of GVM-to-MIDP Automatic Translator for Mobile Game Contents. Journal of Game Society 3(1), 5–12 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Oh, S.M., Yoon, S.L., Son, Y.S., Park, J.W.: Development of Mobile C-WIPI C Source Converter, Project Report, Industry-Academy Cooperation Foundation of Dongguk Univ. (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone
- 6.Meier, R.: Professional Android Application Development. Wiley Publishing, Inc., Chichester (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.The Proposal which gives at the Mobile Game Enterprise and the Case of the Magic Thousand-Character Text Game, http://blog.dreamwiz.com/chanjin/9646413
- 8.Pantech iSKY IM-R470S Qbric, http://www.isky.co.kr
- 9.Han, J.S., Xu, Q.H., Kim, B.S.: The Research on Effective Expression of the Touch Screen GUI. The Korean Society of Illustration Research 19, 57–66 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Ko, S.H., Son, Y.S., Park, J.W., Oh, S.M.: Automatic Touchscreen Interface Generation Technique for Mobile Game Contents. Journal of Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers: Computing Practices and Letters 15(11), 866–870 (2009)Google Scholar