A New Methodology in Steganalysis: Breaking Highly Undetectable Steganograpy (HUGO)
This paper presents a new methodology for the steganalysis of digital images. In principle, the proposed method is applicable to any kind of steganography at any domain. Special interest is put on the steganalysis of Highly Undetectable Steganography (HUGO). The proposed method first extracts features via applying a function to the image, constructing the k variate probability density function (PDF) estimates, and downsampling it by a suitable downsampling algorithm. The extracted feature vectors are then further optimized in order to increase the detection performance and reduce the computational time. Finally using a supervised classification algorithm such as SVM, steganalysis is performed. The proposed method is capable of detecting BOSSRank image set with an accuracy of 85%.
KeywordsFeature Vector Feature Selection Discrete Cosine Transform Detection Performance Cover Image
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Fridrich, J., Holotyak, T., Voloshynovskiy, S.: Blind Statistical Steganalysis of Additive Steganography Using Wavelet Higher Order Statistics. In: Proc. of the 9th IFIP TC-6 TC-11 Conference on Communications and Multimedia Security, Salzburg, Austria, September 19-21 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Fridrich, J., Goljan, M.: Practical Steganalysis-State of the Art. In: Proc. SPIE Photonics West Electronic Imaging Security and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents, San Jose, California, vol. 4675, pp. 1–13 (January 2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Gul, G., Avcibas, I.: Source Cell Phone Camera Identification Based on Singular Value Decomposition. In: First IEEE International Workshop on Information Forensics and Security, pp. 171–175 (December 2009)Google Scholar
- 12.http://boss.gipsa-lab.grenoble-inp.fr/ (accessed Januray 31, 2011)
- 13.http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~cjlin/libsvm/ (accessed Januray 31, 2011)