Middleware Integration of DDS and ESB for Interconnection between Real-Time Embedded and Enterprise Systems
As technology evolves, the border of embedded system and enterprise system is gradually meaningless. ESB is a well-known middleware for integration of enterprise services and systems, and DDS is a promising real-time communication middleware for embedded systems. This paper introduces structurally integrated architecture between DDS middleware and ESB middleware for interconnection between real-time embedded systems and enterprise information systems. An integrated architecture of DDS and ESB allows integration of embedded system environment and enterprise system environment. It supports integration of diverse embedded devices from ubiquitous systems with real-time communication and allows effective data processing using enterprise services, which are generated from embedded systems. We design DDS binding component for ESB to allow DDS communication to enterprise services. This DDS-ESB integration architecture could be applied in the field that generates huge of data for monitoring and processes data for providing user services in real-time, such as u-City or home network.
KeywordsDDS ESB Middleware Integration Embedded and enterprise hybrid system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Schmidt, D.C., van’t Hag, H.: Addressing the Challenges of Mission-Critical Information Management in Next-Generation Net-Centric Pub/Sub Systems with OpenSplice DDS. In: IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing, IPDPS 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Corsaro, A.: The Open Source Messaging Accelerating Wall Street. PrismTech. (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Ziyaeva, G., Choi, E., Min, D.: Content-Based Intelligent Routing and Message Processing in Enterprise Service Bus. In: International Conference on Convergence and Hybrid Information Technology, ICHIT 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Complex event processing (CEP), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_event_processing
- 5.Oberoi, S.: Complex Event Processing with RTI Data Distribution Service. In: RTI (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Corsaro, A.: Stream Processing with DDS and CEP. PrismTech. (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Joshi, R., Castellote, G.-P.: A Comparison and Mapping of Data Distribution Service and High-Level Architecture. In: RTI (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Cyber-physical system (CPS), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber-Physical_Systems
- 9.JSR-000208 Java Business Integration 1.0 , http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr208/index.html
- 10.Pardo-Castellote, G.: Analysis of the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol AMQP) and comparison with the Real-Time Publish Subscribe Protocol (DDS-RTPS Interoperability Protocol).In: RTI (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.OpenSplice DDS, http://www.prismtech.com/opensplice
- 12.Apache ServiceMix, http://servicemix.apache.org/