A Remote Firmware Upgrade Method of NAN and HAN Devices to Support AMI’s Energy Services
As AMI system is applyed in Korea gradually, electric company can provide a lot of services to customers like DR(Demand Response), CSS (Customer Service System). In this case, field deployed devices which are AMI’s basic component must be able to upgrade its firmware to support the services. In this paper, we introduce the remote firmware upgrade management system(FUMS) using distributed processing for field deployed device like DCU, and HAN Devices(Smart Meter, IHD, LCD,PCD) in Korea AMI. This article provides FUMS architectures and the upgrade process of communication between FUMS Server and DCU and between DCU and HAN Devices.
KeywordsAdvanced Metering Infrastructure Remote Firmware Upgrade System Network Service Management HAN (Home Area Network) Devices
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Korea Electric Power Research Institute, Development of AMI(Advanced Metering Infrastructure) system, pp. 4–17 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Open Meter, Requirements of AMI (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Utility AMI, High-Level Requirements (2006) Google Scholar
- 5.SCE, SCE Use case (2006/2009) Google Scholar
- 6.NIST, Framework and Roadmap for Smart Grid Interoperability Standards 1.0 (2010) Google Scholar
- 7.IEC, IEC SMB SG 3 Smart Grid (2009)Google Scholar